Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fri, May 18, 2012 3:41p Bayamo, Contramaestre - Before & After and Day One of Youth Event

There were no meeting in the morning but we received a phone call from Danilo, last year's translator, who is living in Holguin about 70 kilometers north of Bayamo. He and his wife wanted to spend some time with us. This past year had been very difficult for them so we were quite eager to meet with them.

They arrived in the morning at our hotel and we were able to reconnect and get caught up. Danilo brought two things with him. The first was the completed Spanish translation of my commentary on the book of Revelation. The second were some "before and after" pictures of his house.

When I was in Cuba last year, Danilo told me about the condition of his house. His roof and windows were leaking and causing damage. He was not able to get enough money together to make the repairs. I committed this to the Lord and had money left over at the end of my time in Cuba to pay for many of these repairs so I offered it to him for this purpose. When he came to visit me, he showed me photos of what they had been able to accomplish over the year. I was very much encouraged to see the difference it had made in their home. It was a great encouragement to me to see how the Lord used this money to provide for such an important need in their family.

We left for Contramaestre at 6:30 p.m. It is located about 45 minutes to the east of Bayamo. About 150 youth had gathered for the weekend. I spoke to them from Hebrews 12:1 on the subject of the "great cloud of witnesses." I was encouraged to see their enthusiasm. We returned home about 11:30 at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment