Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thu, May 17, 2012 4:06p Palmarón - Roasted Pork, Questions and Acts Commentary

Palmarón is a small village about half an hour from Bayamo. We left at 8:30 in the morning and traveled to an Eastern Baptist camp site where 50 Cuban missionaries (church planters) had gathered for the day.

We were greeted, on our arrival, with the site of a pig being roasted over an open fire. This pork would be a real treat for the Cubans present. Many of them would not be able to afford such a meal. My host told me that this was their way of blessing their missionaries for the work they do planting churches.

I spoke two times that morning on the temptations of Christ. After the meetings a group of people came with various Bible questions. We spent a good amount of time answering questions on various Bible topics. It was encouraging to see how these brothers and sisters had a real desire to understand the Word of God.

One of the ladies present shared with me that she had been given a copy of my commentary on the book or Acts. It had come to her at a very difficult time in her life. She read the book one chapter each day as she faced that struggle. She told me that it had a life changing affect on her and brought her through her trial. It is encouraging to see how the Lord is using my books to strengthen His people in Cuba.

No comments:

Post a Comment